1. You Agree to These Terms by Using this Site
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before using this Web site or any of our other Web sites. By accessing or using our sites, you agree to the following terms and conditions. You should review these terms and conditions regularly as they may change at any time at our sole discretion. If you do not agree to any term or condition, you should not access or otherwise use our sites.
The EWIS Consortium (being the transmission system operators acting jointly and cooperating in carrying out the European wind integration study, as the case may be represented by its delegate) tries to ensure that the information of this web site is complete, accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions may occur or content may become obsolete. The EWIS Consortium may also revise, add or delete the information and services contained in this web site and reserves the right to make such changes without prior notification.
2. Ownership of Content
3. Your Use of the Site
The EWIS Consortium grants you permission to use the Site as follows:
- with the exception of images of people or places that are located outside of the "News" section of the Site, you may download Content, but only for noncommercial, personal use and provided that you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Content;
- you may not use any images or graphs without the EWIS Consortium’s written permission;
- Content within the "News" section of the Site may be reproduced solely for editorial purposes in newspapers, news magazines, specialized publications and broadcast media;
- you may not distribute, modify, copy (except as set forth above), transmit, display, reuse, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or otherwise use Content without the EWIS Consortium’s written permission;
- you are prohibited from using the Site to post or transmit any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law – the EWIS Consortium will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or any court order requesting or directing the EWIS Consortium or one of its parties to disclose the identity of anyone posting or transmitting any such information or materials;
- you are prohibited from using the Site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation;
- unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information, defeat or circumvent security features, or otherwise cause damage to the system are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under applicable laws.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties
ALL CONTENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Neither the EWIS Consortium or any of its parties warrant or represent that your use of any Content will not infringe the rights of any third parties nor that the Content will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Additionally, with reference to any discussions, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like that may be on the Site, neither the EWIS Consortium or any of its parties assume any responsibility or liability arising from any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law, contained in any such locations on the Site.
6. Exclusion of Liability
In no event shall the EWIS Consortium or any of its parties be liable for any damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, general, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of any use of the information contained herein.
7. Links to Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to sites owned or operated by the parties to the EWIS Consortium or by parties other than the parties to the EWIS Consortium. Such links are provided for your convenience only. Neither the EWIS Consortium or any of its parties control or are responsible for, the content or privacy policies on, or the security of, such sites of another party to the EWIS Consortium, or of other parties than the parties to the EWIS Consortium.
Neither do the EWIS Consortium or any of its parties endorse the content, or any products or services available, on such sites.
8. Cautionary Language Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This Site may contain statements, estimates or projections that constitute "forward-looking statements". Generally, the words "believe," "expect," "intend," "estimate," "anticipate," "project," "will" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements, which generally are not historical in nature. Forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the EWIS Consortium’s or its parties’ historical experience and our present expectations or projections. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made. Neither the EWIS Consortium or any of its parties undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements.
9. Revisions to the Terms
10. Law and Jurisdiction
11. Secured Access Privilege: User Account, Password, and Security
The EWIS Consortium maintains a secured section of this Website to share and make available certain materials and information that require access restrictions. Validated users will be granted access privileges to such secured section. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their assigned User ID and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under their account. The EWIS Consortium shall not be liable or responsible for any misuse of User ID and password.
12. General Security Practices and Termination
Users of the secured section of this Website acknowledge that general security practices are employed. The EWIS Consortium has the right to log off accounts that are logged in and show no activity for a longer period of time, as well as account inactivity for more than 180 days. The EWIS Consortium reserves the right to change these general security practices at any time without prior notice.
As a condition of the grant of access to the secured section, the user must agree that the EWIS Consortium may terminate the user's account and its access privilege for any reason. The user must also agree that any termination of its access privileges may be effected without prior notice, and that the EWIS Consortium may at any time immediately deactivate or delete the user's account and prevent the user from further access to the secured section of the Website. Furthermore, the user must agree that neither the EWIS Consortium or any of its parties shall be liable in any respect to the user or to any third-party for any termination of the user's access to the secured section of the Website.
Copyright (C) 2004 UCTE. All rights reserved
The EWIS Consortium will not collect any personally-identifiable information about you (e.g., your name, address, telephone number or email address ("personal data")) through our websites unless you have provided it to us voluntarily. If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not submit it to us.
When you do provide us with personal data, we may use that information in the following ways, unless stated otherwise: we may store and process that information to improve our services; we may use that information to contact you. We do not now and do not intend to sell, rent or market personal data about you to third parties.
Additional Information Collected Automatically
In some cases, we may automatically collect technical information when you connect to our site that is not directly personally-identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet Browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site and the IP addresses. The information is exclusively used to compile statistically aggregated data about the pages that our visitors view or to get to know new stakeholders in the domain of wind energy.
Copyright © 2004 UCTE. All rights reserved.